Served either hot or cold, this is ideal for buffets and parties.
4 Large leeks
3 Eating apples
4 Large eggs, beaten
6 ounces Stilton cheese
1 Sliced tomato
- Fry leeks and apple until just soft (do not overcook).
- In an oven proof dish layer the leeks, apples and cheese alternately.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the mix.
- Decorate with the tomato.
- Bake at 265°F until egg is cooked through and set.
As a variation, which children may prefer, use cheddar cheese rather than stilton.
Recipe donated by Rotarian Maureen Cantrill