An original recipe for a delicious dish of Stuffed Peppers.
l lb ground pork
1 cup of rice (uncooked, white rice)
2 medium onions, diced
1 clove of garlic, diced
1 large can of tomato juice
1 equivalent amount of water (use the same can)
6 cored peppers (or more if the amount of mixture allows)
A large handful of sauerkraut
- Sautee the onions and garlic in oil in a frying pan until light brown.
- In a mixing bowl put in the pork and then add the sautéed onions and garlic.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp of salt and a teaspoon of pepper.
- Add the cup of rice and mix it all together, by hand. (Very well mixed)
- Take the cored peppers and stuff them with the mixture.
- Remove the liquid of the sauerkraut and spread it on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Place the peppers on the sauerkraut and add a large can of tomato juice and a can of water (using the same can), pouring it on and around, making sure the peppers are completely submerged.
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Baking time:1 hour and 30 minutes. (Way of confirming if it is ready, check if the rice is cooked.)
Serve with sour cream and boiled potatoes on the side. Delicious !
Recipe donated by Montreal-Lakeshore Rotarian, Andy Csisztu.