This is a very popular dessert in Turkey, and every family has its own twist on it. – This one is one of the more healthy ones.
4 tbsp unsalted butter (at room temperature)
1 cup of almond flour
1 tbsp of semolina
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp molasses
4 tbsp whole wheat flour
- For the syrup:
1/3 cup of honey
1/2 cup of hot water
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the butter, almond flour, semolina and baking powder.
- Then add the molasses and whole wheat flour to make a nice, soft and moist dough.
- Form cookies the size of two walnuts and push an almond in the centre.
- Grease a baking tray and place the cookies side by side, leaving space between them to expand.
- Bake in the over for 20-25 minutes until they become slightly brown.
- While the cookies are baking, prepare the syrup in a cup, stir well and put aside to cool.
- After taking the cookies from the oven, distribute the syrup on them with a spoon.
Delicious cookies ! Bon appetit !
Recipe donated by Montreal-Lakeshore Rotarian, Deniz Veral