A delicious home made Apple Pie.
1 cup Crisco
6 tbsp of ice cold water
2 cups of flour
Pinch of salt
Courtland apples, enough to fill pie plate
1 tbsp of cornstarch
- Crumble Crisco together with flour & salt
- Add water and form into a ball. Don’t overwork the dough.
- Roll out half the dough for a pie plate
- Cut up Cortland apples & add to pie shell
- Sprinkle sugar, cinnamon to taste and the cornstarch over a apples
- Cover with top layer dough, crimp edges & pierce with a fork.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 45 minutes
You can always add a scoop of your favorite kind of ice cream.
Recipe donated by friend of Rotary, Roberto Di Bernardetto