A very tasty main course !
1 pound of borlotti beans
1 cup of olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
3 tsp tomato paste
2 large tomatoes, diced
2 garlic cloves minced
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
plus water (see directions)
- Boil the beans for 10 minutes and drain.
- Then add olive oil, onion and garlic to a pan and sauté them for 2 minutes.
- add the tomato paste and diced tomatoes, followed by the beans, sugar, salt and some water, enough to cover them.
- Let the water come to a boil and then simmer until the kidney beans are soft, but not mushy.
- Let it cool in the pan, then pass to a serving dish and decorate with parsley.
Always tastier after waiting a day in the fridge ! – Bon appetit !
Recipe donated by Montreal-Lakeshore Rotarian, Deniz Veral