1½ cups sugar
1cup orange juice
4 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
- Beat Crisco, beat in sugar, beat in the eggs and then beat in the OJ.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Take 1 heaping tsp of dough, roll it in flour, make a ball, flatten it and put it on a cookie sheet, with a cherry piece on top.
- Cook for about 10 minutes (depending on your oven) until bottom is golden brown.
- ICING: Combine icing sugar and some orange juice until consistency is smooth and a little runny.
- Once cookies are cooled, dip the complete cookie top in
the icing and place on cookie rack for excess icing to drip.
Makes about 50 cookies. They freeze well. ENJOY!
Contributed by Montreal-Lakeshore Rotarian Brenda Scalzo